In April 2000, the Sanitation Department opened a new, manned recycling center in downtown Fort Payne to meet growing public demand for a recycling facility.
LOCATION: 406 Logan Street SE
Hours of operation are:
Mon – Fri 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (attendant present on site until 2:30 p.m.)
Sat – Sun 90 gallon collection carts are placed outside the fence for customer convenience.
The facility accepts the following items:
- Clean, washed aluminum cans
- Mixed metal of all kinds including clean washed food cans
- Used motor oil
- Used automobile batteries
- Used 4’ or 8’ fluorescent light bulbs
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Narrow necked #2 HDPE plastic bottles such as milk jugs and shampoo bottles
- Narrow necked #1 PET plastic bottles such as soda and water bottles
- Shrink wrap plastic including grocery store and Wal-mart plastic bags
- Green glass bottles
- Amber or brown glass bottles
- Clear glass bottles
- Clean white office paper and computer paper shredded or not shredded
- Cardboard boxes broken down flat
- All other types of paper all mixed
For more information, please call (256) 845-8977.